Assessment of Damages Act, 1969
Act 9 of 1969
- Published in South African Government Gazette no. 2305 on 19 March 1969
- Assented to on 7 March 1969
- Commenced on 19 March 1969
- [This is the version of this document from 19 March 1969 and includes any amendments published up to 6 October 2022.]
1. Insurance moneys, pensions and certain benefits not to be taken into account in the assessment of damages for loss of support
2. Application of Act to South-West AfricaThe provisions of this Act and any amendment thereof shall apply also in the territory of South-West Africa, including that portion of the said territory known as the Eastern Caprivi Zipfel and referred to in section 38(5) of the South-West Africa Constitution Act, 1968 (Act No. 39 of 1968).
3. Short titleThis Act shall be called the Assessment of Damages Act, 1969.
History of this document
19 March 1969 this version
Published in South African Government Gazette number 2305
07 March 1969