Medical Scheme for Members of the National Assembly, Judges and Other Office Bearers Act, 1990
Act 23 of 1990
- Published in Government Gazette 118 on 8 December 1990
- Assented to on 3 December 1990
- Commenced on 8 December 1990
- [This is the version of this document from 8 December 1990 and includes any amendments published up to 1 December 2023.]
1. DefinitionsIn this Act, unless the context otherwise indicates -“Minister” means the Minister of Finance;“Permanent Secretary” means the Permanent Secretary: Finance;“scheme” means the medical aid scheme established for the public service by the regulations; and“the regulations” means the regulations relating to the establishment of a medical aid scheme made under section 28(l)(b) of the Public Service Act, 1980 (Act 2 of 1980), and promulgated by Government Notice AG. 28 of 1981.[The Public Service Act 2 of 1980 has been replaced by the Public Service Act 13 of 1995.]
2. Extension of membership of scheme
3. Retrospective application of the regulations in respect of certain persons
4. Payment of contributions by certain persons
5. Repeal of lawsSection 1 of the Medical Aid Scheme for the Government Service Extension Act, 1982 (Act 13 of 1982), is hereby repealed.
6. Short titleThis Act shall be called the Medical Scheme for Members of the National Assembly, Judges and other Office-bearers Act, 1990.
History of this document
08 December 1990 this version
03 December 1990