Karakul Sheep-farming Industry Protection Proclamation, 1930
Proclamation 31 of 1930
- Published in Official Gazette no. 388 on 15 October 1930
- Assented to on 4 October 1930
- Commenced on 1 November 1930
- [This is the version of this document from 18 June 1952 and includes any amendments published up to 6 October 2022.]
- [Amended by Karakul Sheep-farming Industry Protection Amendment Ordinance, 1938 (Ordinance 11 of 1938) on 28 April 1938]
- [Amended by Karakul Sheep-farming Industry Protection Amendment Proclamation, 1951 (Proclamation 24 of 1951) on 1 June 1951]
- [Amended by Karakul Sheep-farming Industry Protection Amendment Ordinance, 1952 (Ordinance 25 of 1952) on 18 June 1952]
1. Repeal of Ordinance No. 11 of 1929The Karakul Sheep-farming Industry Protection Ordinance, 1929 (Ordinance No 11 of 1929) is hereby repealed.
2. DefinitionIn this Proclamation the expression “Karakul sheep” means a sheep the appearance of which indicates that it is descended wholly or partly from Karakul ancestors. The expression includes lambs but does not include wethers.
3. Prohibition of export of Karakul sheep except under permit
4. Penalty for false representationsAny person who knowingly makes any false representation in support of an application for the issue of any such permit shall be guilty of an offence and liable on conviction to the penalties prescribed by law for the crime of perjury.
5. Provisions of laws for prevention of stock deseases not affected[The word “diseases” is misspelt in the Official Gazette, as reproduced above.]A person to whom a permit has been issued under the provisions of this Proclamation shall not thereby be absolved from compliance with the provisions of any law for the prevention of disease amongst stock.
5bis.Any person who is found in possession of Karakul sheep under circumstances indicating an intention to export such sheep in contravention of the provisions of this Ordinance, and who is unable to give a satisfactory account of such possession, shall be guilty of an offence, and liable on conviction to the penalties specified in section three.[section 5bis inserted by Ord. 11 of 1938, without any heading]
6. Short title and commencementThis Proclamation may be cited for all purposes as the Karakul Sheep-farming Industry Protection Proclamation, 1930, and shall commence and come into operation on the first day of November, 1930.GOD SAVE THE KING.Given under my hand and seal at Windhoek this 4th day of October, 1930.A. J. WERTH,Administrator.
History of this document
18 June 1952 this version
01 June 1951
28 April 1938
01 November 1930
15 October 1930
Published in Official Gazette number 388
04 October 1930