REPUBLIC OF NAMIBIA
PROCEDURE FOR ADVERTISING IN THE
GOVERNMENT GAZETTE OF THE
REPUBLIC OF NAMffiiA
1. The Government Gazette Extraordinary containing
advertisements, is published on every Friday. If a Friday falls
on a Public Holiday, the Government Gazette is published
on the preceding Thursday.
30 March 1990
7. No liability is accepted for any delay in the publication
of advertisements/notices, or for the publication of such on
any date other than that stipulated by the advertiser. Similarly no liability is accepted in respect of any editing, revision, omission, typographical errors or errors resulting from
faint or indistinct copy.
8. The advertiser will be held liable for all compensation
and costs arising from any action which may be instituted
against the Government of Namibia as a result of the publication of a notice with or without any omission, errors, lack
of clarity or in any form whatsoever.
2. Advertisements for publication in the Government
Gazette must be· addressed to the Government Gazette
Office, P.R 13200, Windhoek, 9000, or be delivered at
Room 27, Cohen Building, Windhoek, not later than 15h00
on the ninth working day before the date of publication of
the Government Gazette in which the advertisement is to be
9. The subsription for the Government Gazette is R3l.25
plus GST per annum, post free in this territory and the
Republic of South Africa, obtainable from Star Binders and
Printers, P.O. Box 56, Windhoek, 9000. Postage must be
prepaid by overseas subscribers. Single copies of the Government Gazette are obtainable from Star Binders & Printers,
P.O. Box 56, Windhoek 9000, at the price as printed on copy.
Copies are kept in stock for two years only.
3. Advertisements are published in the Government
Gazette for the benefit of the public. Translations, if desired,
must be furnished by the advertiser or his agent.
10. The charge for the insertion of notices is as follows
and is payable in the form of cheques, postal or money
4. Only legal advertisements shall be accepted for publication in the Government Gazette and are subject to the
approval of the Secretary: Civic Affairs and Manpower who
may refuse the acceptance or further publication of any
LIST OF FIXED TARIFF RATES
5. The Secretary: Civic Affairs and Manpower reserves the
right to edit and revise copy and to delete therefrom any
6. Advertisements must as far as possible be typewritten.
The manuscript of advertisements must be written on one
side of the paper only and all proper nouns plainly
inscribed. In the event of any name being incorrectly printed
as a result of indistinct writing, the advertisement can only
be reprinted on payment of the cost of another insertion.
Transfer of business
Deeds: Lost documents
Administration of Estates Acts Notices, Forms
J. 187, 193, 197, 295, 297, 517 and 519 ...... .
Third party insurance claims for compensation .
Insolvency Act and Company Acts Notices: J. 28,
J. 29. Forms 1 to 9 ....................... .