REPUBLIC OF NAMIBIA
PROCEDURE FOR ADVERTISING IN THE
GOVERNMENT GAZETTE OF THE
REPUBLIC OF NAMIBIA
I. The Government Gazette Extraordinary containing
advertisements, is published on every Friday. If a Friday
falls on a Public Holiday, the Government Gazette is
published on the preceding Thursday.
2. Advertisements for publication in the Government
Gazette must be addressed to the Government Gazette
Office, P. B. 13348, Windhoek, or be delivered at Room 27,
Cohen Building, Windhoek, not later than 15:00 on the
ninth working day before the date of publication of the
Government Gazette in which the advertisement is to be
3. Advertisements are published in the Government
Gazette for the benefit of the public. Translations, if desired,
must be furnished by the advertiser or his agent.
26 October 1990
7. No liability is accepted for any delay in the publication
of advertisements/notices, or for the publication of such on
any date other than that stipulated by the advertiser.
Similarly no liability is accepted in respect of any editing,
revision, omission, typographical errors or errors resulting
from faint or indistinct copy.
8. The advertiser will be held liable for all compensation
and costs arising from any action which may be instituted
against the Government of Namibia as a result of the
publication of a notice with or withoutan)'-ornission, errors,
lack of clarity or in any form whatsoever.
9. The subscription for the Government Gazette is
R31 ,25 plus GST per annum, post free in this territory and
the Republic of South Africa, obtainable from Windhoek
Printers & Publishers (Pty) Ltd., P.O. Box 1707, Windhoek.
Postage must be prepaid by overseas subscribers. Single
copies of the Government Gazette are obtainable from
Windhoek Printers & Publishers (Pty) Ltd., P.O. Box 1707,
Windhoek, at the price as printed on copy. Copies are kept in
stock for two years only.
10. The charge for the insertion of notices is as follows
and is payable in the form of cheques, postal or money
LIST OF FIXED TARIFF RATES
4. Only legal advertisements shall be accepted for publication in the Government Gazette and are subject to the
approval of the Under-Secretary, Department of Works,
who may refuse the acceptance or further publication of any
5. The Under-Secretary, Department of Works, reserves
the right to edit and revise copy and to delete therefrom any
6. Advertisements must as far as possible be typewritten.
The manuscript of advertisements must be written on one
side of the paper only and all proper nouns plainly inscribed.
In the event of any name being incorrectly printed as a result
of indistinct writing, the advertisement can only be reprinted
on payment of the cost of another insertion.
Transfer of business
Deeds: Lost documents
Business notices ................................................. .
Administration of Estates Acts Notices, Forms
1. 187, 193, 197, 295, 297, 517 and 519 ........... .
Third party insurance claims for compensation ...
Insolvency Act and Company Acts Notices: J. 28,
1. 29. Forms I to 9 ............................................ .