REPUBLIC OF NAMIBIA
PROCEDURE FOR ADVERTISING IN THE
GOVERNMENT GAZETTE OF THE
REPUBLIC OF NAMIBIA
I. The Government Gazette (Estates) containing advertisements, is published on every Friday. If a Friday falls on a
Public Holiday, this Government Gazette is published on
the preceding Thursday.
2. Advertisements for publication in the Government
Gazette (Estates) must be addressed to the Government
Gazette Office, P.B. 13348, Windhoek, or be delivered at
Cohen Building, Ground Floor, Casino Street e~trance,
Windhoek, not later than 15:00 on the ninth workmg day
before· the date of publication of this Government Gazette
in which the advertisement is to be inserted.
3. Advertisements are published in this Government
Gazette for the benefit ofthe public and must be furnished in
English by the advertiser or his agent.
4. Only legal advertisements shall be accepted for publication in the Government Gazette (Estates) and are
subject to the approval of the Under-Secretary, Department
of Works, who may refuse the acceptance or further
publication of any advertisement.
30 August 1991
7. No liability is accepted for any delay in the publication
of advertisements / notices, or for the publication of such on
any date other than that stipulated by the advertiser.
Similarly no liability is accepted in respect of any editing,
revision, omission, typographical errors or errors resulting
from faint or indistinct copy.
8. The advertiser will be held liable for all compensation
and costs arising from any action which may be instituted
against the Government of Namibia as a result of the
publication of a notice with or without any omission, errors,
lack of clarity or in any form whatsoever.
9. The subscription for the Government Gazette is
R31 ,25 plus GST per annum, post free in the Republic of
Namibia and the Republic of South Africa, obtainable from
Windhoek Printers & Publishers (Pty) Ltd ., P.O. Box 1707,
Windhoek . Postage must be prepaid by overseas subscribers. Single copies of the Government Gazette are obtainable from Windhoek Printers & Publishers (Pty) Ltd ., P.O.
Box 1707, Windhoek, at the price as printed on copy. Copies
are kept in stock for two years only.
10. The charge for the insertion of notices is as follows
and is payable in the form of cheques, postal or money
LIST OF FIXED TARIFF RATES
Transfer of business
5. The Under-Secretary, Department of Works, reserves
the right to edit and revise copy and to delete therefrom any
Deeds: Lost documents ............. ....................... ..
Business notices ...................................... ...... .... ..
6. Advertisements must as far as possible be typewritten.
The manuscript of advertisements must be written on one
side of the paper only and all proper nouns plainly inscribed.
In the event of any name being incorrectly printed as a result
of indistinct writing, the advertisement can only be reprinted
on payment of the cost of another insertion.
Administration of Estates Acts Notices, Forms
1. 187, 193, 197, 295, 297, 517 and 519 .......... ..
Third party insurance claims for compensation ...
Insolvency Act and Company Acts Notices: 1. 28,
1. 29. Forms I to 9 ................. .......................... ..