Prohibition of Disguises Act, 1969
Act 16 of 1969
- Published in South African Government Gazette no. 2316 on 26 March 1969
- Assented to on 13 March 1969
- Commenced on 26 March 1969
- [This is the version of this document from 26 March 1969 and includes any amendments published up to 6 October 2022.]
1. Penalties for being in disguise in suspicious circumstances
2. Repeal of lawsThe laws specified in the Schedule are hereby repealed to the extent set out in the third column thereof.
3. Application of Act to South-West AfricaThis Act and any amendment thereof which may be made from time to time shall apply also in the territory of South-West Africa, including that part of the said territory known as the Eastern Caprivi Zipfel and defined in the Eastern Caprivi Zipfel Administration Proclamation, 1939 (Proclamation No. 147 of 1939 of the Republic).
4. Short titleThis Act shall be called the Prohibition of Disguises Act, 1969.
History of this document
26 March 1969 this version
Published in South African Government Gazette number 2316
13 March 1969