Import and Export Control Act, 1994
Act 30 of 1994
- Published in Government Gazette no. 980 on 30 November 1994
- Assented to on 16 November 1994
- Commenced on 30 November 1994
- [This is the version of this document from 30 November 1994 and includes any amendments published up to 6 October 2022.]
1. DefinitionsIn this Act, unless the context otherwise indicates -“export” means to take out or cause to be taken out of Namibia, whether in the course of trade or otherwise;“import” means to bring or cause to be brought into Namibia, whether in the course of trade or otherwise;“Minister” means the Minister of Trade and Industry.
2. Powers of Minister in relation to import and export of goods
3. Furnishing of information to MinisterThe Minister or any person authorized by him or her, may in writing direct any person who imports, exports or manufactures any goods or trades in any goods or in the course of his or her business or trade handles or has under his or her control any goods, to furnish the Minister within a period specified in the direction with any information at his or her disposal in relation to the import, export, manufacture, supply or storage of the goods concerned.
4. Offence and penalties
5. Jurisdiction of magistrate’s courtNotwithstanding anything to the contrary in any other law contained, a magistrate’s court shall have jurisdiction to impose any penalty prescribed by this Act.
6. Repeal of Act 45 of 1963
7. Short titleThis Act shall be called the Import and Export Control Act, 1994.
History of this document
30 November 1994 this version
Published in Government Gazette number 980
16 November 1994
Cited documents 1
Documents citing this one 5
- Export Processing Zones Act, 1995
- Minister of Trade and Industry and Others v Matador Enterprises (Pty) Ltd and Others (SA 44 of 2014)  NASC 2 (19 March 2020)
- Report on the Repeal of Obsolete Laws
- SA Poultry Association and Others v Minister of Trade and Industry and Others (SA 37 of 2016)  NASC 2 (17 January 2018)
- South African Poultry Association and Others v Ministry of Trade And Industry and Others (APPEAL 94 of 2014)  NAHCMD 331 (7 November 2014)