- Is amended by Public Enterprises Governance Act, 2006
- Is commenced by Commencement of Game Products Trust Fund Act, 1997
Game Products Trust Fund Act, 1997
Act 7 of 1997
- Published in Government Gazette no. 1686 on 23 September 1997
- Assented to on 9 September 1997
- Commenced on 1 September 1998 by Government Notice of 1998
- [This is the version of this document from 1 November 2006 and includes any amendments published up to 6 October 2022.]
- [Amended by Public Enterprises Governance Act, 2006 (Act 2 of 2006) on 1 November 2006]
1. DefinitionsIn this Act, unless the context otherwise indicates -“Board” means the Game Products Trust Fund Board referred to in section 4:“conservancy” means any area declared a conservancy in terms of section 24A(2)(ii) of the Nature Conservation Ordinance:“Fund” means the Game Products Trust Fund established by section 2(1);“game product” means any product of -(a)any protected game; or(b)any specially protected game,that may be produced or recovered on State land for trade through wildlife management programmes;“grant” means a grant in the form of initial capital or like funding;“Minister” means the Minister of Environment and Tourism;“Nature Conservation Ordinance” means the Nature Conservation Ordinance, 1975 (Ordinance 4 of 1975);“protected area” means any area declared a game park or a nature reserve under section 14(1) of the Nature Conservation Ordinance or any other area that may be so declared by the Minister under that section;“protected game” means protected game as defined in section 1 of the Nature Conservation Ordinance;“regional council” means a regional council as defined in section 1 of the Regional Councils Act, 1992 (Act 22 of 1992);“specially protected game” means specially protected game as defined in section 1 of the Nature Conservation Ordinance;“staff member” means a staff member as defined in section 1(1) of the Public Service Act;[The Public Service Act is Act 13 of 1995.]“wildlife council” means a wildlife council established under section 24B(1) of the Nature Conservation Ordinance.
2. Establishment of Game Products Trust Fund
3. Objects of FundThe objects of the Fund are -
4. Management and control of Fund by Game Products Trust Fund BoardThe affairs of the Fund shall be managed and controlled by a board of trustees to be known as the Game Products Trust Fund Board, which shall exercise the powers and perform the duties and functions conferred or imposed upon the Board by or under this Act.
5. Constitution of Board
6. Tenure and vacation of office
7. Remuneration of members of Board and committees
8. Disclosure of interest
9. Oath or affirmation by members of Board
10. Meetings and decisions of Board
11. Committees of Board
12. Powers, duties and functions of BoardThe Board shall be accountable and responsible for the proper management and control of the affairs of the Fund, and may for that purpose and in furtherance of the objects of the Fund -
13. Application for grants
14. Allocation of funds
15. Banking account
16. Financial year, bookkeeping and accounting, and unexpended balances
17. Annual statements and auditing
18. Submission of matters by Board to Minister for decision
19. Administrative work and administration of Fund on behalf of Board
20. IndemnityA member of the Board or any staff member referred to in section 19(1) shall not be liable in respect of anything done bona fide under this Act.
21. Exemption of Fund from certain taxes, duties and leviesNo income tax or any other tax or duty or levy shall be payable by the Fund in terms of any law.
22. Rules of Board
23. Liquidation of Fund
24. Short title and commencementThis Act shall be called the Game Products Trust Fund Act, 1997, and shall come into operation on a date to be fixed by the Minister by notice in the Gazette.
History of this document
01 November 2006 this version
01 September 1998
23 September 1997
Published in Government Gazette number 1686
09 September 1997