Security Commission Act, 2001
Act 18 of 2001
- Published in Government Gazette no. 2676 on 29 December 2001
- Assented to on 11 December 2001
- Commenced on 2 May 2002 by Government Notice of 2002
- [This is the version of this document from 29 December 2001 and includes any amendments published up to 6 October 2022.]
1. DefinitionsIn this Act, unless the context otherwise indicates -“Commission” means the Security Commission established by Article 114 of the Namibian Constitution;“Minister” means the Minister responsible for Home Affairs.
2. Chairperson of CommissionThe President must designate a member of the Commission as chairperson of the Commission and another member as deputy-chairperson of the Commission.
3. Tenure of office of members of the Commission
4. Procedure for suspension or removal from office of certain members
5. Functions of the Commission
6. Meetings and decisions of the Commission
7. Administrative workThe administrative work of the Commission will be performed by staff members made available for that purpose by the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Home Affairs.
8. Short title and commencementThis Act is called the Security Commission Act, 2001 and it will come into operation on a date to be determined by the Minister by notice in the Gazette.
History of this document
02 May 2002
29 December 2001 this version
Published in Government Gazette number 2676
11 December 2001