National Planning Commission Act, 2013
Act 2 of 2013
- Published in Government Gazette 5178 on 18 April 2013
- Assented to on 26 March 2013
- Commenced on 18 April 2013
- [This is the version of this document from 18 April 2013 and includes any amendments published up to 1 December 2023.]
1. DefinitionsIn this Act, unless the context otherwise indicates -“Commission” means the National Planning Commission referred to in Article 129 of the Namibian Constitution;“committee” means an advisory committee established under section 7;“Director-General” means the Director-General of Planning appointed by the President in terms of Article 32(3)(i)(dd) of the Namibian Constitution;“establishment” means the posts created for the normal and regular permanent requirements of the Commission;“financial year” means the period from 1 April in any year to 31 March in the ensuing year;“member” means a member of the Commission appointed in terms of section 2(1)(b); and“staff member” means any person employed in a post on or additional to the establishment whether employed permanently or temporarily on a full-time or part-time basis or under a special contract or under any contract of employment, contemplated in section 13(4) of this Act, in a post on the establishment or additional to the establishment of the Commission, and includes the Permanent Secretary of the National Planning Commission.
2. Constitution of National Planning Commission
3. Application of laws governing Public Service to CommissionThe laws governing the Public Service are, to the extent that they are not in conflict with this Act, applicable to the staff members of the Commission.
4. ObjectivesThe objectives of the Commission are to -
5. Disqualification for appointment as memberA person is not eligible for appointment as a member if he or she -
6. Vacation of office and filling of vacancies
7. Advisory committees
8. Disclosure of interest by members and members of advisory committees
9. Remuneration and allowances of members and members of advisory committees
10. Meetings and decisions of Commissions[The word “Commissions” in the heading of this section is plural although the section refers to a single Commission.]
11. Appointment, tenure of office and termination of appointment of Director-General
12. Powers and functions of Director-General
13. Permanent Secretary and other staff members of Commission
14. Performance management and discipline of staff membersDespite the provisions of the Public Service Act, 1995 (Act No. 13 of 1995), the performance management and discipline of the staff members of the Commission are deemed to vest with the Director-General, who in turn may delegate such powers and duties to the Permanent Secretary.
15. Annual Report
16. Repeal of law, savings and transitional provision
17. Short titleThis Act is called the National Planning Commission Act, 2013.
History of this document
18 April 2013 this version
26 March 2013