Directives Relating to Works and Transport
Government Notice 113 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette no. 7200 on 30 April 2020
- Assented to on 29 April 2020
- Commenced on 30 April 2020
- [This is the version of this document from 30 April 2020 and includes any amendments published up to 6 October 2022.]
1. DefinitionsIn these directives a word or expression to which a meaning has been attached in the Road Traffic and Transport Act, the regulations made thereunder or the regulations, has that meaning and, unless the context otherwise indicates -"Minister" means the Minister of Works and Transport;"period of lockdown" means the period from the commencement of this directive until the end of the period of lockdown specified in regulation 3 of the regulations;"regulations" means the State of Emergency Regulations made by Proclamation No. 9 of 28 March 2020; and"the Road Traffic and Transport Act" means the Road Traffic and Transport Act, 1999 (Act No. 22 of 1999).
2. Applicability of these directivesThese directives apply in spite of any provision of a regulation or other law which may be amended by the Minister and which might be in conflict with these directives and the provisions of such regulation or law is deemed to have been amended by the Minister in as far as it is so in conflict.
3. Restriction on number of persons to be conveyed in motor vehicle
4. Suspension of expiry of licences and other documents
5. Cross-border transport of goodsPermits for the cross-border transport of goods may be issued only if the transport of the goods in question between zones would be lawful in terms of the regulations.
6. Cross-border transport of passengersNo permit for the cross-border transport of passengers by motor vehicle may be issued if the entry of the passengers into Namibia would be unlawful in terms of the regulations or if the entry into the foreign country by the passengers to be transported would be unlawful according to the law of that country.
7. Services to be provided during period of lockdown
History of this document
30 April 2020 this version
Published in Government Gazette number 7200
29 April 2020