Electoral Act, 2014
Regulations for Conduct of Elections
Government Notice 297 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette 7396 on 20 November 2020
- Assented to on 9 November 2020
- Commenced on 20 November 2020
- [This is the version of this document from 20 November 2020 and includes any amendments published up to 1 December 2023.]
1. DefinitionsIn these regulations, unless the context otherwise indicates, "the Act" means the Electoral Act, 2014 (Act No. 5 of 2014), and any word or expression to which a meaning has been assigned in the Act, has that meaning.
2. ApplicationThese regulations apply to all Presidential elections, elections for members of the National Assembly, elections for members of Regional Councils, elections for members of local authority councils and the holding of referendum in terms of the Act.
3. Prescribed formsA reference in these regulations to a form with a specific number is a reference to the form with that number as set out in Annexure 1 to these regulations.
4. Election agentsThe number of persons who may be appointed in terms of section 66(1) of the Act by a political party or independent candidate for an election in question as election agents for a polling station may not be more than two.
5. Counting agentsThe number of persons who may be appointed in terms of section 67(1) of the Act by a political party or independent candidate for an election in question as election agents for a polling station may not be more than two.
7. Ballot papersThe ballot paper contemplated in-
8. Secrecy of official stamps and ballot papers
9. Additional ballot boxes
10. Attendance at counting of votes
11. Announcement of resultsAn announcement by the Presiding Officer, Returning Officer or the Chairperson of the Commission, as the case may be, of the result of an election in terms of any provision of the Act, must be made -
12. Voters who voted at a constituency in which they are not registeredA list of voters who voted in an election at a constituency, but who are not registered at the constituency at which they voted referred to in section 100(17) of the Act, must be on Form 39.
History of this document
20 November 2020 this version
09 November 2020